Wednesday, May 18, 2005

The Power of Friends

Well, this is something that i have known for awhile but it again hit me this week! Its the power of friendship! This is something that alot of us overlook or take for granted in our lives! I am so thankful for amazing, spirit filled friends; you bless my life SOOOO much (Godly kisses-Meg)! I am even thank-ful for my nonchristian friends who put up with me constantly and have stood by my side even though our views on things differ! I feel favoured that i have been accepted and called friend by those around me! There is a book in the Bible called Philemon (right before Hebrews) that has a little blurb about Paul and his friend! We sometimes underestimate what all friendship brings us, and what it brings God! I know that i am probably butchering this but i hope that you understand basically what i am trying to say! Friendship is awesome; God can use us through friendship to glorify Him by helping others, being someones friend can mean the difference between life and death (in both a physical and spiritual way)! There was this story i read, many have probably read it b4, about a kid who was taking his books home to go and commit suicide and he got pushed down while leaving the school. Someone came and showed Godly love to that person by helping them up and befriending them. In the end the boy didn't commit suicide and went on to become sucessful later in life. Point of the story is that being someones friend is a LIFE-CHANGING experience! So, i am going to try harder, through Christs mercy, to be a better friend by loving them as Christ loves us, and by keeping my eyes open for those who are lonely so i can show them Godly love as well! Again sorry if i butchered this, and a final: Thank-you, i love you guys alot!
P.S. If you are looking for examples of Godly love check out 1 John and 1 Cor 13

Comments:
Hey Dawn!
You are right. I have been so blessed by so many great friends. (I miss you all so much.) and it is easy to forget how important they are sometimes. So firstly I would like to say, that Dawn I love you and I am glad to be able to call you friend. God Bless everyone.
 
Hey Lova! I LOVE you too. You are such an encouragement to me and others and SOOOOO unique (no, im not calling you "special"). Thanks for all the barf talks (those are the ones where you or I go insane and won't stop talking)and for all the love messages. I love those.Here's a song for you:
(clears throat)
love shack, baby love shack, love shack baby love shack!
I hoped you like that!
BIG kisses darlin'
 
P.s you are a friend of God...you a friend of God... you are a friend of God he calls you friend.(wow, do I EVER love THAT song...)
 
hey dawny, i'm glad i'm your friend! :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?