Monday, May 16, 2005

A question of love

As i was sitting in my human sexualities class the other day i was shocked at the statistics of immorality concerning sexual orientation and marriage in Canada. It is really scary that there is so much more acceptance of things like bisexuality, cheating on a spouse with the occasional 'fling' and the amount of group sex. Now i know that this is a touchie subject for some people and thats ok. But i think that its time that we as christians stand up and show some Godly love to the people that practice these types of behaviours. Instead of shouting and saying that there bad people (which by the way they are not, they are some of the nicest people you will meet, but there sin is wrong) we need just to show them Godly love and acceptance for who they are as a person. Now don't get me wrong i am NOT saying to accept the sin, but accept the person on the inside and see them how God would see them. Would you dismiss your friend because they got drunk or gossiped about someone? I would hardly think so, so why do we have that veiw toward homosexuals, ect.? In the bible it says that we are NOTHING without love! (1Cor.13) I highly encourage anyone to do a word study on love! There is lots of good things in 1John! We are commanded to love, God holds that commandment in highest priority!-That we love God first and love people second- he said that that was the number one commandment! Notice that there is 2 of them but the 2 are inceperable-if you love God you will love people. Sometimes, as christians, we fudge this up! We look at others with a condemming heart and not one of love, we walk past someone in need and just ignore them instead of lending a loving hand, we judge our fellow brothers if they have fallen instead of helping them with their struggles. Again, i am afraid that i am not doing this justice so if you are interested, pick up your Bible, open it up and find out what all God says on this subject! God bless and have a LOVEly day! Read 1 Peter 3:8

Comments:
Love is kinda fickle. I don't know what I meant by that but I'm so glad love comes easily to me(as you say).I love my car, my house, my....just kidding everyone.I do love to say that I love things however.Like this: I love the northern lights and I love being apart of childrens ministry.Or when people make me happy I say: Aww I'm in love with you. Like the one time I said that to Robbie when he gave me that c.d. Yeah you might be freaked out by that just like he was but know that it's all love.(ha)I've come to realize when I'm dating that I'll have to be careful with that one. Could you imagine? "Aww hun im in love with you. I mean..that was sweet.Please dont be scared..."If you know me, you know what I mean. I say it all the time. Which is lovely.(I get wittier by the minute).Well Dawn I know your anxious to read this so read away my love, read away.
 
preach it, dawny.
God hates the sin, not the sinner.
nobody said anything about judging.
its about building relationships with people to show christ's love rather than giving them the cold shoulder because we're uncomfortable with their sin.
come on!
:)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?