Friday, May 06, 2005

Radical, are we really?

I was haveing a conversation about being a radical christian the other day with a friend and came to the conclusion that we as a nation and myself as an individual we are really not. There are so many of us that think that we are radical because we praise really loud in church or help out with the homeless shelters. We give ourselves a pat on the back for 'thinking outside the box' but really,who is witnessing to hindus, or homosexuals, or even the upper class families? Even if we wanted to witness to that group how can we expect God to open doors in those areas is we can even witness to our friends, to the person in the appartment accross from us, or to the 'weird' kid in school who doesn't have any friends? I don't know about you but i know i could do much better. For the people who are doing that already good on you! But for the rest of us who could use more work and want to be radical we have to start at the basics then we can start doing really radical things for Christ! And if we start doing these radical things for Christ we could see CANADA SAVED! Do you know how excited i get when i say that? I just occured to me the other day in my human sexualities class that these people ARE going to hell, and really what am i doing about it? Am i seeking out opportunities thoughout my day and asking God if he wants me to talk to someone or help them with there books and if so who! It is not us who saves people, you need to understand that, that by ourselves we hold no authority BUT if we let God have control of our lives (because he is not going to force his control on us and forse us to open our mouths and witness) and let him do the work! We need to be the vessle for Gods glory! I hope that you all can follow my strange array of thoughts and understand my passion for my confused nation! Read Romans 15:4-8 P.S. Please don't take this the wrong way, being radical is about your heart, not what you do neccisarily! I am simply making observations about myself and our nation that has its heart longing for the wrong things!

Comments:
hi
any Christian is radical in this society. Do as Jesus did and love as He loved and you will stand out.
Be at peace with your own progress and that of others, trustiing the outcome to the creator. Blessings on you

I am at whateverisnew.blogger.com
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?