Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Insight-not by my strength but Yours Lord!

I was reading my friend Carissa's blog the other day and i had a great picture come to mind! I was having kinda a crappy day and was feeling really overwelmed about school, work...well, life in general! I was/am feeling like my strength is running short and i was having a hard time dealing with it! When i went to go read Carissa's blog she was saying that every time that she loses control and is about to wave a flag of surrender is the time where He lifts you higher! A thought then rolled into my mind and i could hear pastor Landon saying that the time where we run out of our own umpf and stop trying to do things oon our own strength is when God steps in and does maraculous things!
`
From there my brain fliped the page and i recieved a wonderful illistation: i was sitting in the water with my prune, water-soaked body frantically trying not to drown. I flailed for quite some time; growing weaker with each passing second until i could no longer keep myself afloat. My body suddenly stopped and fear tore through me as i thought i knew what was going to happen next. I was going to drown, and as i started to sink i closed my eyes and cried out for my Daddy to come rescue me! I didn't see anything come but noticed that i was staying afloat and not sinking! What could this be? How am i staying afloat? It was then that i noticed that i was wearing a lifejaket! I had been wearing it the whole time! God was right there all along, all he wanted me to do was to stop trying to do it all alone and on my own strength and just stop and rest in the fact that He has me!
`
I CAN be still and know that He is God! That its ok to be weak for God says "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore i will boast all the more gladly about my weakness, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why for Christs' sake, i delight in weakness, in insults, in hardships, in persecution, in difficulties. For when i am weak, then I am strong. (2 Chor. 12:9,10) And it is my gracious Lord who gives me strength! (2Samuel 22:33) I think that its time for me to stop trying to push God away and do it on my strength! Gods weakest is stronger than my strongest! Its time, God take over my life, lets use your strength instead of mine, lets do it your way instead of Dawns! *kisses*amen!
`
I hope that this was enjoyable and that you look and see who is the muscle of your life-you or God?
Be blessed, love you all!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?