Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The fool in me

I was such a fool
to believe those lies
So absurd
my heart dies

So many words
all so untrue
how can i ever find a love
that's faithful and true

Who would even look at me?
Who will dare to care?
Myself so unworthy
with a sight unable to bear

my heart cries and spirit moans
to make me less hideous
my soul wails
to be made clean

in sight i am nothing
a stain on a silk sheet
your presence i am not worthy
and compared i am weak

so break and gaurd me
please carry this busted soul
for only in you i am whole
perhaps then you could look at me
perhaps you would know
the price that you paid
makes me whiter than snow

Comments:
Wow Dawn I like that one. Remember how we were talking about the Father's love the other day, well I wrote a poem about His love when I fisrt became a Christian four years ago...I will show you sometime just make sure you remind me.
 
that's good stuff Dawn. I always love writing about pain or something painful and then turning it around with God in the end. And that'll never mean to someone else what it means to you because it's 'yours'. hope everything's well.
 
hey dawn,
just so you know -- you are FAR from hideous, the extreme opposite in fact.
so don't get down on yourself!

but i like how you turned it around in realizing how only he can totally satisfy.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?