Thursday, January 19, 2006

Ignored

Will no one else help? That is my cry! I have had the honor of being able to mentor a coupple AMAZING girls over this past year and it has been a HUGE blessing in my life! However, i find myself lately seeing SO many... no that doesn't explain the vastness of this... the COPIOUS amounts of young guys and girls who are CRYING OUT for someone to help! I want to be able to help all of them but i can't, i would not being doing any good if i had lots of kids... they wouldn't get the time that they need! But at the same time... it breaks my heart to see them all alone, standing on the edge ready to jump! It says in the bible that 2 are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion.But woe to him who is alone when he falls, for he has no one to help him up (Ecc. 4:9,10)! If the children and youth today are our greatest assets then why are we ignoring their cries? Why does no one step to the plate and say, "I want to get to know you, i want to share my knowledge and wisdom with you! I want to see you FLOURISH!" Is it because of our own selfishness? Perhaps. Is it because of our pride...that we don't want them to go further than we? Perhaps. Is it because of our lack of wisdom? Perhaps. Mabey we don't see it? No.. we just don't want to see it! I am reminded of a song by Out of Eden called "Sarah Jane" expressing this same thing! There are hurting people around you and as a quote from Save the Last Dance "Open up your pretty brown eyes and look around"!... Thats the one side of it... is most of us just don't do it! The other... sometimes even more detrimental side is that we do it but do a really crappy job! We accept the way they are, mabey don't give the time that it requires (for it is a sacrifice of time and energy), mabey we are in it to glorify ourselves "oh look i am a mentor" kind of thing, or mabey we push too far...as in "change or i wont be there for you"! All of this is bad! All that its doing is saying 'i don't love you' or 'i will only love you if...', 'you aren't worth my time', 'you don't matter', 'your worthless'. You think that your not saying anything to these kids when you pass them by? You thought wrong! You just implant those words of dealth into their life further...deeper. Now.. i am not saying that you should accept where they are at... but you should prod them on in love, love means accepting who they are, love sometimes means saying this isen't good for you, love means giving help when they need and ask for it! I pray that we can grasp this, not only for our own sake but for the sake of our children, for the sake of our country, for the sake of our world! And above all else... if you do or are a mentor... do it on Gods strength, let Him lead you, be filled with HIS love.. because ultimatly, thats the only thing that matters! Remember that withut love... we are nothing (1 cor. 13)! Sorry, i know that this is a long babble!) Hope that you are blessed and challenged by this! Love, Dawn

Comments:
Thanks for the many comments on the last post! It blessed me ubundantly! Love you all! Be blessed in return!
 
Wow dawn wow dawn wait I need to say it again...wow dawn...that is the cry of my heart...so many kids are crying out and a lot of us just go on with our day and ignore this issue....it breaks my heart that a whole generation is letting another generation go down hill....yeah I am probably rambling too but this is a huge issue and I am glad that you brought it up...I have girls that come to me too and I would love to help more kids...but there is only so much nicole to go around....I also want to help the lil ones the ones that not very many people look at as needing help...the lil kids at my daycare they need a lot of help too...so yeah I agree with everything that you said...Well I am done going on about this. Love you lots.
 
Hey what can I say. I suck at this. And to be honost I don't know that I try all that hard. Though I am supposed to be bringing one of the youth from Satellite into the sound booth with me, so hopefully we can get to know each other better and see what happens from there.

It's a huge issue though I agree....
 
Yes.
 
Well, I guess I can't just leave it at a yes can I?

I know guilty of segregating our youth, but in my own defense, some of my rage towards the ages of 13-17 is well-founded. Most of it isn't.

Me and kids just don't see eye-to-eye. Kinda weird coming from a guy who wanted to be a youth pastor for a few years eh? :P
 
I see that these kids need people too and I'm caught in the middle. I don't feel passion inside myself for them in that way. That doesn't mean that I don't care, but I don't feel anything inside pushing me towards the issue. I was in youth ministry involved and helping for 7 years of my life. For me, I feel that's behind me now. My heart is towards all the young adults that loose the cause somewhere in the stage of growing into adulthood. If God prompts me to get involved into something to help those teenagers, then I will. I dont want to be a victim of guilt because my heart isn't necessarily where someone else's is.
 
I think that some are taking this the wrong way.... it does not have to be a teen or a child... i am talking about mentorship in general... pick someone...ANYONE, if its young adults, do young adults, if its kids do kids, if its teens do teens..etc. I am not trying to make anyone feel guilty.. sorry if i have done so... there are many hurting people around, go where God leads you! Be blessed, Dawn
 
Nothing to be sorry about Dawn. THis is your blog where you put YOUR ideas and thoughts. If others don't like it, too bad. I wasn't upset by any means when I wrote my comment. You'd have to hear my tone of voice, there was nothing misunderstood. Keep writing what's on your heart!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?