Thursday, April 06, 2006

Joy... Strength

*sings* "The joy of the Lord is my strength (X4)... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha (x3) the joy of the Lord is my strength!"- feel free to join in at any time and if u are going to the ranch this summer be prepared to hear it.. Pastor Landon likes to sing it in the AM! Do you actually know how much these words are true? When you look at life from a joyus stance do you not feel better even under difficult circumstances? Do you not feel empowered when you have that joyus outlook on life? Do you not feel better about yourself? I know i certianly do! Attitude is everything... i hate to burst your bubble but if your attitude sucks about something normally that thing will suck! However, if you look at the positive side of things and make the best out of ALL life's happenings then things don't seem so bad! I often wonder how God sees things... i want to see things as God does! To look at a person and not see whats on the outside but what is on their heart! To look at my situations and see the good instead of the bad! To know that everything will be good just because we have God on our side! I have noticed this.... i can have a good time at any time, sometimes i have to put more effort in, mabey change whats in my heart or change my thoughts from 'i feel like a peice of poop or i am in a bad mood' to 'i WILL have a good time and what can i contribute to this'! Just think of the powerful force that is words.... these aren't outwardly words, not ones that you and everyone else can physically hear... they are the battle of our minds eye. What we are thinking, effects how we are feeling~ I love that one verse that says "do not only think of things down here on earth but turn your eyes to things above" (ok...i admit it, i don't have my bible right here so its not exact...i am pretty sure its in Colossians)! Good things are stored in Heaven (above)... the earth is kinda shabby, perhaps it just comes down to this.... if i have my eyes on God, how can i focus on the bad? anyway... i am rambling! Be blessed, keep your attitude fresh!

Comments:
Hmm it was almost like you were talkin to me when talkin about the attitude part...anyways good post...I dont have much to say right now.
 
Good post in deed Dawn - I completely agree that attitude is everything - and if we just change that in ourselves, the outcome is COMPLETELY different- I'm seeing this as well and it sure does change the situation for me.

On a side note.. you said sometimes you feel like a piece of poop.... and uh.. my question is uh... 'what exactly does a piece of poop FeEl like, anyway?' That's a very interesting statement. Have a great weekend!
 
haha. hahaha.

that's all i have to say.

;)
 
Wow. I just read your comment on my blog, and I have to say it's probably the longest comment I've ever seen. And I don't understand alot of those medical terms you're throwing about.

Yea, I havent seen a Doctor yet, or done alot of the things you were talking about. They may have been a little more useful a week ago, cuz it's almost all healed up already. There's just a couple things I can't do without it hurting.

I do like the comment-prayer idea. It's like an unending prayer, cuz I can go read it whenever I want! And if I ever hurt my knee again, I have it at the ready!

But enough about that crap. It's early and I have to drum in a few hours, so Im gonna let you go.

Hope you fly through your next few classes and have a super couple weeks! And get some time off school so you can come visit again! Cuz if you don't...
 
I ramble all the time as well wait for next blog.
 
You know, I should probably read your blog sometime. I didn't even read this one. Josh and I had this conversation how I always expect people to read my blog yet I never check out anyone else's. Gee, I'm selfish.

I am going to bed right away and I wanted to let you know I gladly accept your offer of buying me something at Starbucks when you come down.

T-Y.

P.S. I'll read your blog sometime.
 
ahh the great simplicity of my God astounds and blows me away. :)
 
You don't necessarily have to read it :S
 
aww... thank Jishwa! warm fuzzies!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?