Sunday, October 15, 2006

Salt Water

Well, today is cold and rainy and the last thing i feel like doing is my homework and studying for finals! So here i am writing to you lovely folks! In church today pastor talked about us being the salt of the earth... now i know most of you (especially if you have grown up in the church) know that yes, we are supposto be the salt of the earth.... BUT even though it seems like not much could come out of this i got HUGE revelation on it! It could be just because i am in nursing but i looked at salt from a medical point of view~ What do you do to a blister that has poped or a cut that you want to heal? You soak it in salt water! Now, i have had to do this many times and its not the most pleasant experience in the world... and that is especially true if the wound is infected or open. Alot of poeple who haven't met Jesus have those wounds, they have been hurt somehow, whether self-inflicted or not, and when the "salt of the earth" comes around (a.k.a. people with Christ inside) then it hurts! What do people do when it hurts or stings? The pull away from it! So what made you keep your hand in the stingi salt water as a child? I know for me it was my mom.... someone i trusted... someone that, even though it was painful, trusted that she knew what was best.... someone that loved me and had proven that love over and over again..... someone that didn't want me to change but just to be healed... and in that process of healing was changed! ....Let me say that again... in that PROCESS of healing i was CHANGED! ......
I wondered how many times i was shocked and disappointed that people that didn't have Jesus reacted badly to the "salt" living in me? How many times have i forgotten the importance of process and love? My prayer is that i grasp this.... then mabey a few more will be able to stand the salt and heal because of it! Be blessed and have an awesome day!

Update on School: 1 Poster presentation, a poster eval, and 4 finals! WHOOHOO!

Comments:
hey babe, that's awesome! I hadn't thought about it like that before.. that is a huge revelation! Church was really good today too here in the Hat. Have a great day, love you!
 
an update is in need for my blog hun? I agree, just not sure what to post, but in the meantime ,I think I still have 2 or 3 you haven't read yet!!
 
great thoughts...it was a really good example...i love it..have a great day dawn.! :)
 
Hmm somethin to think about but since I never do anything about my physical pain like tell my mom that I have somethin that she needed to but salt on or go to the doctor...I think that I need to work on that cause maybe there is stuff inside that I am not letting go...and that God needs to take hmmm...look you got my thinker working on positive thoughts thats a good thing
 
wow that's a great reminder. isn't Jesus just wonderful? I think so. Stay Real.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?